MBS is in urgent need of an Applications Engineer in Independence, KY. This position is a full-time, temp to hire opportunity.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare detailed quotations for our products and systems based on technical and commercial specifications.
- Review and comment on engineering specifications and drawings for the purpose of preparing bids.
- Prepare detailed specifications both for general use in the budgetary phase as well as job specific applications.
- Prepare direct bids, including preparation of commercial documents such as bid bonds.
- Master the usage of SAP Cloud for Customer CRM and work with MP Sales to maintain accuracy.
- Work with procurement team to solicit vendors of ancillary equipment – pumps, polymer feed systems, conveyors, etc. – for specifications and proposals and to prepare skid and system offers.
- Support MP Sales with the follow-up process on open quotations.
- Process orders into the system accurately and coordinate with Engineering and Purchasing throughout the order entry, approval review, and manufacturing processes.
- Technical support to customers, sales representatives, and OEM’s.
- Communicate via phone and email with customers, representatives, and direct accounts such as OEM’s.
- Coordinate with MP Sales on changes to the rep network.
- Support and communicate with Engineering, Process, and Aftermarket.
- Learn the capabilities and features & benefits of the entire product line and develop the capacity to select equipment for various applications.
- Research and learn the products manufactured by key competitors.
- Coordinate with Process and Aftermarket on the diagnosis and troubleshooting of equipment problems in the field.
- Support Engineering and Process on laboratory testing activities.
- Travel with Sales periodically to become exposed to customers and applications in the various regions and markets.
- Travel to FWSE periodically for training.
- Attend Trade Shows as required.
- BS in Engineering, or previous technical experience in a similar field
- English fluency required. French, Spanish, German, or Portuguese language skills are a plus, with French being the most beneficial.
- CAD experience a plus
- Energetic and ambitious
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle projects that are time critical and ever-changing is essential.
- Self-starter, disciplined, team player, professional appearance and proactive.
WHY KABLE STAFFING?
- Weekly Pay
- Exclusive Access Opportunities to V.I.P. Vault
- Day 1 Benefits
- Various Bonus Opportunities
- Eligibility for Employee of the Month Rewards
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.