Kable Staffing & MBS is in urgent need of a CNC Machinist - Associate in Lebanon, OH. This position is a full-time, direct hire opportunity.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To machine component parts to pre-determined dimensions and tolerances while staying within assigned router hours, all while advancing KBC’s mission of being a forward-thinking, collaborative, and ethical business
- Machines parts following blueprints and other written and verbal specifications
- Sets up, adjusts, and efficiently operates CNC machine tools to perform diversified and difficult operations requiring close/exact tolerances on products with various dimensions and unusual contours and finish specifications
- Selects, aligns, and inspects cutting tools for sharpness and usability
- Calculates and sets controls and programming to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut
- Starts and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls as required
- Basic programming skills
- Cleans and maintains machine, tooling, and parts to ensure that equipment is in optimal production condition
- Maintains and edits CNC programs to fine tune process for optimum performance
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of products
- Ability to operates various types of machine tools, to perform progressive machining
- Ability to read blueprints and plants
- Excellent mathematic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent mechanical skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrates company values of personal accountability, discipline, trust, and proactive action
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED required)
- Vocational training course completion is preferred
- Ability to set up, program, and operate CNC equipment, such as CNC VTL, CNC horizontal mill, CNC vertical mill, and CNC horizontal lathes
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, operate forklift and overhead crane, and read measuring instruments and maintain machinery and equipment in the machine trade
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally; anything over 50 pounds requires two people, or the use of a lifting device
- The ability to climb and work from ladders, operate lifting devices, and move around the shop floor without assistance is required
- May also be required to work in confined spaces, crawling in, on, and under equipment
- Ability to tolerate exposure to a typical shop environment, i.e. extreme heat, cold, dust, noise, fumes, and other elements
- Must wear safety glasses, and steel toed shoes, along with additional PPE as required or needed.
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.