MBS is hiring an Electrical/Instrument Maintenance Planner for a GREAT customer of ours in Chillicothe, OH. This company has lots of advancement opportunity.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide safety leadership to your crew and team members
- Responsible for planning jobs, requisitioning parts, maintaining work specifications, scheduling, and supervising work
- Responsible for the planning functions around a planned maintenance shutdown, including planning meetings, computer generated ghant charts, meeting and scheduling of outside contractors, all planning processes and preparation of job packets
- Must work closely with operations, other maintenance personnel, engineering, purchasing, and outside contractors daily
- Plan, schedule and manage contractors (shutdowns and daily work)
- Report on backlog, planned work and cost performance
- Understand and follow all union procedures around outsourcing of work
- Work with Purchasing on repairs and rebuilds
- Execute the bid process on appropriate work
- Weekend duty rotation coverage for mill
- Creating and Updating Bill of Materials
- Creating and Updating work procedures (job tasks)
- Creating and Updating Preventative Maintenance Routines
- Adding/Deleting/Updating items for storeroom inventory
- Scheduling and supervising of crews during shutdowns
- Directing the workforce on off-shifts to repair equipment, as needed (both via the phone and in the plant)
- Occasionally performs the first line supervisory or planning functions in other areas; promoting safety, environmental stewardship, and work efficiency of subordinates.
- BS in electrical engineering or Two (2) year technical degree or equivalent desired; or equivalent experience
- Three (3) to five (5) years electrical planning experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred, but not required, Pulp and Paper experience, a plus
- Experience with project management and planning, predictive and preventative maintenance programs desired
- Ability to handle deadlines, variable workloads, and being on call, as required
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office application
- SAP experience (particularly SAP Maintenance), a plus
- Microsoft Project experience, a plus.
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.