Kable Staffing is in urgent need of a Forklift Driver in Milford oh. This position is a full-time, temp-to hire opportunity.
Drive a forklift truck, maintain safety, unload incoming shipments, prepare, and stage skids for outbound shipments and maintain daily records of forklift maintenance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Unload inbound shipments.
- Prepare and stage skids for outbound shipments.
- Maintain accurate stock records and schedules.
- Oversee special orders and after-hours urgent shipping jobs
- Stack and store merchandise in appropriate place.
- Make sure orders were being filled and completed accurately.
- Picked, packed and scanned orders using an RT gun and doing inventory.
- Maintain daily records of forklift care and maintenance.
- Select products for specific routes according to pick sheets.
- Transport goods from racks, shelves, and vehicles.
- Coordinate loading and unloading operations.
- Document and maintain assigned equipment condition on a daily basis.
- Regularly update the maintenance database using computer workstations.
- Operate powered lift trucks and forklifts safely with a 0% incident rate.
- Inspect facility related manufacturing support systems, on a daily basis.
- Receive incoming shipments and reviewed contents against a purchase order for accuracy.
- Check load sheets and plan work accordingly for preventing accidents.
- Work at a rapid, but safe pace to meet tight deadlines.
- Remove pallets and damaged products from returning trailers.
- General warehouse cleaning/maintenance.
- Follow all food safety guidelines.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge and skills at a level normally acquired through the completion of a high school education or equivalent
- Willingness to be cross trained in all warehouse functions and departments
- Flexible schedule that allows you to work overtime on short notice in order to make sure all orders are shipped in a timely manner.
- Ability to work up to 30 feet in the air while pulling orders or performing cycle counts.
- Ability to be on a forklift all day.
- Ability to stand and walk for an entire shift.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud and it is required that you wear hearing protection. Safety glasses within the plant are also required. Safety shoes are encouraged. Employee must watch where he/she walks in order to remain safe.
WHY KABLE STAFFING?
- Weekly Pay
- Exclusive Access Opportunities to V.I.P. Vault
- Day 1 Benefits
- Various Bonus Opportunities
- Eligibility for Employee of the Month Rewards
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.