Kable Staffing is in urgent need of an Industrial Electrician in Middletown, OH. This position is a full-time, temporary opportunity.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform troubleshooting duties, which involve checking, testing, and inspecting to determine the root cause of the issue.
- Make necessary repairs or adjustments to correct defects.
- With the aid of blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematics, sketches, or verbal instructions perform the installation of, repair to, and maintenance of all plant electrical, electronic, and instrumentation equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and safety inspections and walk through on each shift and make log entries each shift.
- Direct the work of apprentices and mill personnel when assigned, for a given job.
- Use RS Logix 5, 500 and 5000, Studio, Panel Builder, and basic Microsoft Office applications programs to troubleshoot and repair all PLC, digital drive, and DCS-based systems in the mill.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment associated with these systems
- Troubleshoot, alter, and start up PLC-based systems
- Use software to check out storeroom parts and enter maintenance work orders
- Diligently practice good safety and housekeeping techniques in accordance with shop rules. Must have general knowledge of NFPA 70E
- Required to work on voltage levels up to and including 480 AC and around high voltage equipment
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- An Electrical Technician Certification, Journeyman's card and/or proof of equivalent experience/credentials is required.
- Experience with Allen Bradley ControlLogix
- Demonstrate and provide working knowledge of PLC’s, drives, instrumentation, controls, NFPA 70E regulations Required Experience
- Manufacturing and or Tube Mill experience strongly preferred
- Networking experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of computer programs using Windows based operating systems
- Working knowledge of PLEX is a plus
- Must have good general working knowledge of the location of all power sources for all mill equipment
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to identify voltage levels with the use of digital multi-meters
- Must be able to read and interpret information sheets
- Making decisions under the pressure of continuing production
- Must be able to operate power tools and equipment
- Must have knowledge of methods of lifting heavy equipment, which includes the use of chain blocks, rope blocks, slings, hitches, and overhead cranes
- Must be able to convey technical knowledge through written and verbal communication
WHY KABLE STAFFING?
- Weekly Pay
- Exclusive Access Opportunities to V.I.P. Vault
- Day 1 Benefits
- Various Bonus Opportunities
- Eligibility for Employee of the Month Rewards
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.