Kable Staffing is in urgent need of a Maintenance Technician in Cincinnati, OH. This position is a full-time, temporary opportunity, with an opening on 2nd and 3rd shift.
Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on production machines. Locates sources of problems by observing measuring and testing instruments. Controls downtime by doing regular preventive maintenance on equipment, as scheduled.
Critical thinking, using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches the problem. Active listening, giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate as possible. Prepares mechanical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Should use CMMS system to collect data.
Ability to stand continuously for long periods of time, up to the whole day. Ability to frequently lift cartons above (up to 8 feet overhead) or below shoulder level. Ability to push, pull, grasp, hold, bend, twist, squat, climb, kneel, crouch, crawl, and/or stoop on a repetitive basis. Ability to utilize hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand/power tools; examining to be sure using correct parts
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges
- Fabricate parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment. Cutting torch, plasma cutter-grinders-drill
- Ability to weld carbon steel-stainless and aluminum, and braze cooper
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Always clean up after each job, and at the end of shift
- Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed
- Operation monitoring, watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to assure machine is working properly
- Repairing machines or systems using the correct/needed tools
- Troubleshooting, determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about to correct the problem
- Quality control analysis, conducting test and inspections of equipment, services, or process to evaluate quality or performance
- Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Any other duties as assigned
- 18 years old
- High School Diploma or GED. Appropriate certifications or College Degree is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in industrial electrical/Maintenance field
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and their applications
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Knowledge of practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
WHY KABLE STAFFING?
- Weekly Pay
- Exclusive Access Opportunities to V.I.P. Vault
- Day 1 Benefits
- Various Bonus Opportunities
- Eligibility for Employee of the Month Rewards
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.