Kable Staffing is in urgent need of Maintenance Technician in Troy, OH. This position is a full-time, direct hire opportunity.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for the repair and preventative maintenance of equipment as well as the general upkeep of the facility.
- Repair equipment, when necessary, including nights and weekends
- Train with appropriate associates on preventative maintenance; follow-up to ensure that activities are completed correctly
- Ensure equipment is operating in a safe manner on a daily basis
- Ensure all necessary preventative maintenance is kept and up-to-date and documented
- Work with contractors on repairing equipment from beginning to the end of the process; be present when contractors are in the facility
- Complete and turn in necessary information on daily paperwork as needed, scheduled, assigned.
- Assist in the development of an inventory system for major/key parts for emergency repairs (i.e. motors, pumps, cables, etc.)
- Purchase needed parts, equipment, etc. via company’s purchasing procedure
- Ensure work areas is kept clean
- 5S Maintenance areas of the facility
- Receive and remove maintenance items from the receiving department on a daily basis
- Recommend, plan, and coordinate with outside vendors as well as the company’s management on projects in need of completion
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatics; generally acquired through technical training or through 3-5 years’ experience
- Good analytical skills; good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in coordination of multiple job tasks involving several process steps and several work shifts
- A record of dependability and good attendance
- Demonstrated ability to lead
- Basic computer skills with Word/Excel/Outlook
- Ability to work with chemicals
- Ability to wear a respirator, be in a confined space, lock-out/tag-out, and forklift trained
- Must actively participate in discussions of equipment, repair, and process improvements
- Must work in a safe and professional manner at all times
- Must be willing to work off-shifts and weekends when needed; to be on-call when needed/report to work on short notice for emergencies
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.