MBS is hiring a manager for an Engineering Project for a GREAT customer of ours in Madison, IN. This is a Direct Hire opportunity.
Lead new projects engineering team, encompassing capital and process development for new projects, providing superior technical knowledge, leadership, and outstanding people skills. Manage the investigation of efficiencies and eliminate waste within the manufacturing process. Deliver high quality products to clearly defined standards
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creation and implementation of best practices of production engineering; planning vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to improve operational performance
- Design, prove and implement processes to deliver product on time, meeting quality and cost requirements.
- Drive functional excellence of the new projects engineering team.
- Drive continuous improvement activities in quality, cycle times, process improvement, machine utilization through value engineering practices.
- Drive implementation and validation plans to ensure robust and comprehensive technical solutions.
- Provide technical inputs for quoting new business.
- Develop and maintain project plans and budget profiles to ensure delivery of milestones to agreed cost targets and schedules.
- Identify and justify capital equipment investments.
- Analyze and improve material usage.
- Analyze issues in current operations and develop solutions for new projects.
- Ensure accuracy of production engineering procedures and documentation.
- Attend various meetings internally and externally.
- Produce written reports and make presentations.
- Identify and deploy technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to meet project requirements, including the engagement of external resources as required.
- Develop, implement, and manage key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Ensure KPIs are met by working to the plan, including management of, and reporting.
- Manage and motivate the team to operational success.
- Identify and implement methods for skill-up and document using appropriate records.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example.
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Report on achievement of targets and identify actions required.
- Provide technical guidance to the team.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with company strategy.
- Communicate with stakeholders the impact of change and potential effects on manufacturing design and development. Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimizing cost.
- Stay current and up to date with technology changes that may affect manufacturing design and development and advise impact.
- Communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers, and service providers.
- Ability to maintain a team environment and function in an independent environment.
- Possess strong skills in project management, problem solving, scheduling and follow-up.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, business or engineering preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- 5 years minimum engineering management experience required.
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.