Kable Staffing & MBS is in urgent need of a Manual Machinist in Lebanon, OH. This position is a full-time, direct hire opportunity.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up, adjusts, and efficiently operates manual machine tools to perform diversified and difficult operations requiring close/exact tolerances on products with various dimensions, while working with unusual contours and finish specifications.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors; i.e., speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials into machine.
- Chooses the correct machine tooling for the specified operation.
- Starts and observes machine operations to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls as required.
- Cleans and performs basic maintenance on machine, tooling, and parts to ensure that equipment is in optimal production condition.
- Reports exceptions to the traveler, including hours and material used, to shop lead so the MOM can be adjusted, if necessary.
- Maintains and inspects cutting tools for sharpness and usability.
- May weld hard tacks to secure parts as needed.
- Performs other duties as needed or as assigned.
- Ability to operate various types of machine tools to perform progressive machining.
- Ability to read blueprints and plans.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Strong mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrates OUR COMPANY’S values of personal accountability, discipline, trust, and proactive action.
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.