MBS is in urgent need of a Manufacturing Engineer in Cincinnati, OH. This position is a full-time opportunity.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- A Manufacturing Engineer, under general supervision, is responsible for the introduction of new products or improvement processes into manufacturing. The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for planning, implementing, and improving the manufacturing process and equipment on assigned projects within cost requirements.
- Coordinate the introduction of new product/processes, tooling, fixtures, gages, and changes from the design concept to production.
- Includes creation and improvement of processes, and procedures such as: Manufacturing Engineering Change Notice (MECN), Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEA), Cost Estimate Requests (CER), Manufacturing Instructions (MI) and Capital Requests.
- Develop manufacturing cost estimates and supporting data for new or improvements to existing processes. This includes establishing operation sequences, estimating standard labor hours, packaging and other supplies required to manufacture the product.
- Train team members on new or improved processes as needed.
- Ensure the safety (including ergonomics) of the equipment/processes to prevent injury or illness, such as start-up safety walk through prior to mass production.
- Serves as a liaison between Design Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, and Maintenance departments, etc., as well as outside suppliers and customers.
- Demonstrate the ability to schedule, evaluate and justify budget within the scope of assigned projects.
- Participates in improvement activities (QRC or Kaizen) as well as value analysis/value engineering (VA/VE) efforts.
- Stay up to date on new technology within the Engineering field to provide improvement of new or existing products or processes.
- Provide ongoing trouble shooting support as required to improve or maintain production methods, equipment performance, and quality of the product.
- Problem solving, production issues with manufacturing, maintenance, or quality in assigned area.
- Evaluate and approve drawings, MI's, specs, and other documents
- Other Requirements
- Computer aided design (CAD) proficiency.
- Working knowledge of PLC & CNC programming.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a four-year college or university
- Experience in a manufacturing engineering or similar function is required
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.