MBS is in urgent need of a Manufacturing Engineer in Terre Haute, IN. This position is a full-time, Direct Hire opportunity.
The manufacturing engineer position develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carries out process improvement, problem resolution, project management and employee training.
- Improves manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Prepares and presents plans for the above and coordinates deployment including training of team members.
- Assists manufacturing in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training.
- Performs research, designs and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembles methods and production equipment.
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluates results.
- Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
- Analyzes customer part prints and specifications.
- Writes process design specifications based on analysis of part prints.
- Develops machine and tooling specifications.
- Controls capital expenditure budgets for new product launches and process improvements.
- Manages the procurement of machinery and tooling.
- Develops schedules and controls activities of machine and tooling suppliers.
- Designs equipment layouts for individual lines, cells, and zones.
- Identifies, plans, and implements process and product improvement activities.
- Handles multiple projects with little or no supervision.
- Completes APQP documentation according to internal, customer, or other recognized automotive standards.
- Supports assigned production lines with QRP countermeasures, improvement programs to reduce scrap, PE work requests.
- Prepares documentation for new products i.e. Process Flow, PFMEA, Process Planning Sheet, MOE. These documents will be completed in a timely manner (not after a product is already on our floor).
- Analyzes assigned production lines for negative trends, generates ideas for process improvements, analyzes results, and utilizes cross-functional teams to achieve desired results.
- Documents and tracks improvements to show benefits and cost effectiveness.
- Reviews process documentation twice per year and verifies accuracy (i.e., Process Flow, PFMEA, Process Planning Sheet).
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or related field or
- Associate’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field + 2 or more years of related job experience.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
- At least 1 year of related job experience.
- Experience and/or training in safe work environments and capital improvement.
- Computer assisted design (CAD) proficiency.
- PLC (programmable logical controller) proficiency.
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be required.
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.