Manufacturing Engineering Tech
MBS is in urgent need of a Manufacturing Engineering Tech in Mason, OH. This position is Friday-Monday, direct hire opportunity.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist and train with machine changeovers, start-ups, adjustments,
- Troubleshoot all electrical issues including ac/dc theory, motors, relay logic, wiring, use of multi-meter, various components and associated wiring.
- Understand and use common PLC commands.
- Troubleshoot all mechanical issues. Must be proficient with all hand and machine shop tools.
- Create or assist with the A3 (8-step).
- Repair robots (motors, bearings, ball screws, harmonic drives, re-origin).
- Associates degree, or Trade School degree or certification preferred.
- Minimum of two years of high speed manufacturing environment or equivalent.
- Machine maintenance and diagnostic/troubleshooting experience required.
- Familiarity with safety precautions such as Lock-out/Tag-out, Arc Flash protection, welding, and personal protective equipment.
- Proficient with hand tools and machine shop tools, such as a drill, tap, slide hammer, gear puller, shear, brake, drill press and feeler gauges.
- Proficient in basic electric theory and learning ac/dc theory, motors, relay logic, wiring, use of multi-meter, various components and associated wiring.
- Understand and troubleshoot ball screws including rigidity and backlash.
- Understand and use of common PLC commands, GOT editing and creation.
- Understand and troubleshoot PLC networking issues. Melsecnet and cc-link issues.
- Strong troubleshooting of servo issues including tuning using GX Works2, MR Configurator.
- Ability to make simple PLC programming modifications as required to maintain and or improve processes and troubleshoot servo issues.
- Ability to read detailed assembly drawings and perform repair or assemble devices.
- Knowledge of basic fluid power devices.
- Understanding of basic principles of hydraulics and pneumatics, interpreting associated schematics, and theory and repair of cylinders, solenoids, flow/pressure/directional valves.
- Knowledge of cycle time, parts per hour (PPH), and efficiency and how they negatively affect line productivity.
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.