Kable Staffing is in urgent need of a Material Associate in Lebanon, OH. This position is a full-time, direct hire opportunity.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs primary and back-up functions within the materials department, according to manufacturing schedule and workload.
- Loads and un-loads material when trucks arrive.
- Receives material into KBC’s ERP system, assigns proper location, and transfers material to the proper location by using forklifts, carts, or other means.
- Makes transactions in ERP system for part location and issuance of material to production jobs.
- Pulls and delivers material required for Manufacturing, Assembly, and also the kits needed for shipping.
- Builds shipping crates and boxes and prepares material for shipping according to work instructions.
- Creates shipping documents and schedules freight pick-ups.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Strives to meet or exceed customer expectations and strives for continuous improvement in the daily processes of conducting business.
- Inspection of goods and packaging for visible damage upon receipt and final check prior to shipping.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Demonstrates KBC values of personal accountability, discipline, trust, and proactive action
- Education and Experience
A high school diploma or equivalent is required for the position, and at least two years of related experience. Must be dependable, hard working, have a sense of urgency, and be willing to work in a team environment. Must be willing to train and act as back-up for each function within the Shipping/Receiving Department. Must be able to read and write simple correspondence and have basic computer skills.
Must have the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally. Anything over 50 pounds requires two people or the use of a lifting device. Must be certified to drive a forklift and use a crane to move heavier material. Must be capable of pushing and pulling a rolling cart around the shop floor. Should be able to open and build shipping crates using common tools (i.e. hammers, pneumatic nail guns, crow bar, etc.). Must have an awareness of the operation of forklifts and cranes moving throughout the facility. Must be able to move around the shop floor and negotiate ramps and uneven floor surfaces. Must have the ability to work in varied working conditions; i.e. extreme heat, cold, dust, noise, fumes, and other elements typical of a shop environment. Must be able to reach up and across the body. Must wear safety glasses and steel toed shoes and other required PPE.
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.