Kable Staffing is in urgent need of a Material Handler in Florence Ky. This position is a full-time, temporary opportunity.
The purpose of this position is to safely and accurately receive, transport, and ship materials and finished goods. This must be done in a manner that complies with all safety and procedural SOPs. It is the obligation of this position to perform this process accurately, efficiently, and on time to support the Production team.
- Remove pallets of finished product from packaging lines in a timely manner and move to the shipping department .
- Deliver raw materials to the packaging lines in a timely manner, so that the line doesn’t have to shut down to wait for any material .
- Load finished goods pallets into trailers to maximize safe transport and to minimize damage to product. Create accurate and timely Bills of Lading
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures pertaining to receiving, loading, and unloading of trucks and adhere to all company policies and regulations.
- Inspect FG product for quality and accuracy as it is scanned and loaded for transfer to the finished good warehouse in accordance with the verification SOP.
- Responsible for ensuring good equipment condition and performance. Report any mechanical defects immediately.
- Responsible for any daily or weekly cleaning of the shipping & receiving areas including equipment and fork trucks.
- Accurately receive, count, identify and inspect all incoming goods using a copy of our purchase order or request for purchase order as a guide. Work with supervisor in adjusting the PO/RPO to match what was physically received.
- Monitor all incoming bulk loads to ensure safe unloading and transfer into bulk storage tanks.
- Assist in the preparation of all incoming packaging components, raw materials, etc. for storage using best possible spaced utilization or as directed.
- Maintain completed receiving information including all freight bills, packing lists, purchase orders, etc. to supervisor.
- Conduct daily cycle count by counting all items on a daily list, searching all location to ensure counts are as accurate as possible.
- Review and inspect all returned goods for quality in both the product and packaging. Follow instructions on the Product Disposition Form as to the re-stock status.
- Assist receiving employees in reworking of product returns. This includes inspecting, re-labeling, re-pouring or re-packing of materials to be used by shipping to meet customer orders.
- Be familiar with all safety procedures and requirements for handling raw materials or heavy loads, and know when and where to wear personal protective equipment.
- Ensure all safety rules are being followed, and notify supervisor of any unsafe or questionable procedures, methods, equipment, etc. for immediate correction or review. Know when and where to wear personal protective equipment.
- Assist in other areas of the warehouse or production as directed by supervisor.
- Minimum Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent is strongly preferred
- Minimum Experience required: Previous forklift experience is a plus.
- Organizational Skills: Must be able to take and follow directions.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written skills. Must be able to speak and understand English
- Problem Solving: High degree of analysis, problem solving and creativity.
- Technical Skills: Must be able to solve mathematical problems at the high school level. Must pass a forklift training class.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. several times each day.
- Ability to sit for extended periods on a forklift. Ability to perform repetitive bending and stretching on a daily basis. Ensuring that employees properly use and maintain their PPE, and follow PPE policies and rules. The wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.