Kable Staffing is in urgent need of a Material Handler with Chip Spinner experience for our client in Mason OH. This position is a full-time, temp-to hire opportunity.
The ideal candidate should have an exemplary work ethic and meet minimum requirements and should also be motivated, well-organized, comprehensive, and comfortable in various environments. The candidate should maintain production standards and improve productivity without compromising quality.
As the Material Handler, you will move products in a manufacturing facility, either manually or using trucks, forklifts, and other powered equipment. Your responsibilities may include pulling inventory, moving stock and other materials to fulfill orders, and unloading deliveries by pulling them off trucks and putting them on shelves. You will need stamina and strength since you will typically be on your feet for long periods and often need to lift heavy products.
In this position you will also perform duties as a Chip Spinner. Our Chip Spinner assists our operation by manually transporting scrap and oil from strategic areas in the facility as well as cleaning and prepping work areas. This ensures a clean and safe environment which allows our production team to concentrate on quality production standards and increasing volume
- Ensure adherence to company policies, practices, and procedure as outlined in the Employee handbook.
- Reclaim cutting and lubricating oils from machines by pumping oil from machine reservoir into barrel, dumping oil from barrel into centrifuge that removes chips and dirt from oil and drains clean oil from separators into containers.
- Housekeeping: maintain work area in a neat and orderly manner, keep floors clean and free of oil & chips.
- Maintain and operate commercial floor scrubber machines.
- May need to perform general maintenance to chip spinning machinery.
- Interact with associates and ensure communication regarding production needs and quality procedures.
- Identify and label materials and record their locations in the facilities on the shelves to maintain inventory.
- Work in production and meet production targets.
- Report any issues to the supervisor on duty.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be willing to work in other various areas of the plant.
- Punctuality and attendance are essential in this position.
- Prepare finished products for shipment by identifying their location, then pulling, packing, and loading.
- Organizing and storing received items in appropriate areas.
- Must be capable of maintaining records, delivery details, accuracy with customer orders.
- Perform other tasks asked of by supervisor(s) or manager(s).
- Stand, walk, bend over, reach overhead, grasp, push, pull and move, lift, and ability to carry up to 75 pounds to waist height.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Warehouse/manufacturing experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of quality control standards and testing.
- Good knowledge of safety regulations.
- Math skills are preferred.
- Physical skill is preferred.
- Operate trucks, forklifts, and other equipment to move freight.
New hires for Material Handler/Chip Spinner will be required to be licensed within 14 days of hire date
WHY KABLE STAFFING?
- Weekly Pay
- Exclusive Access Opportunities to V.I.P. Vault
- Day 1 Benefits
- Various Bonus Opportunities
- Eligibility for Employee of the Month Rewards
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.