Kable Staffing is in urgent need of a Press in Fairfield, OH. This position is a full-time, temp-hire opportunity, with an opening on 1st and 3rd shift.
Perform the press support, loading and press positions while maintaining safety, quality and efficiencies. Conduct all checks. Installation and detachment of dies and coils. Efficiency control of operating machines and other equipment in a safe and productive manner. Rotation of jobs, loading and unloading of coils and dies, press support. Participate in 5S activities. Participate in quality discussions (quality circles)
Moderate physical effort required to move containers. Requires ability to walk, stand carry. May have to help push dies on and off press bolster onto die carts smaller presses. Able to operate in repetitive motions.
Inside conditions, not required to maintain outside. Protected by cover. Exposed to heat at times during summer months. Exposed to some processing oils from material and equipment. Upper noise levels requiring hearing protection. Safety glasses required for moving machinery. Heavy equipment requiring safety shoes. Kevlar sleeves and gloves must be worn due to exposure of steel coils, blanks and products
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct quality checks on first and last product made of each part
- Installation and detachment of dies and coils
- Preventive maintenance of machines (inspections, supplying of oil, grease and cleaning of equipment)
- Efficiency control (quantity of products per hour)
- Rotation of two jobs. A minimum of two positions are to be attained by all associates for cross training purposes for fill-ins during vacations, sick days, etc.
- Follow all safety regulations instructed by the team/group leaders. Conform to all OSHA and PMO safety procedures
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) must be always warned
- Obtain in house forklift certification license to operate forklift
- Operate hand jack for moving pallets
- Able to operate overhead crane safe and efficiently
- Use proper lifting techniques
- Able to work in a strong team environment
- Participate in daily 5S activities (clean up 10 minutes end of every shift)
- Any other task within the scope of the position as requested by management
- 18 years old
- High school diploma/GED
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic mathematical functions
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Valid state driver’s license
- Ability to be certified on Dept. forklifts, overhead crane
- Previous experience with operating machinery in a manufacturing environment.
- Inside conditions, may be required to remain outside on docks during cold and rain to load and unload shipments
- Exposed to heat at times during summer months
- Exposed to some processing oils and weld sparks
- Upper noise levels requiring hearing protection in some areas
- Safety glasses, steel toe shoes, and hat are required at all times
- Kevlar sleeves and gloves will be provided to prevent exposure of steel and sparks onto skin
WHY KABLE STAFFING?
- Weekly Pay
- Exclusive Access Opportunities to V.I.P. Vault
- Day 1 Benefits
- Various Bonus Opportunities
- Eligibility for Employee of the Month Rewards
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.