MBS is in urgent need of a Product Engineer in Mason, OH. This position is a Direct Hire opportunity.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead new product development projects. Manage project development initiatives from project charter through launch. Help facilitate a multi-functional team to plan, coordinate and execute production and launch activities
- Resolve product related issues, including product design, feature enhancements, value engineering, installation, and applications. Works closely with Marketing, Sales, Production, Quality, and Manufacturing Engineering, and purchasing
- Implement strategic, multiple plant, assigned product engineering projects via the engineering change process procedure. Completes other product engineering projects as assigned. Lead design engineer on projects with capital expenditures of typically no more than $250,000
- Initiate and implement product improvement and cost reduction ideas
- Implement product changes and specification changes in a timely manner in conjunction with other functional areas throughout Clopay. Troubleshoot production problems directly related to engineering specifications and bills of material
- Create detailed engineering analysis based on testing, experience, scientific theory, and engineering principles for use in the design and application of the new product, existing product line or new product line extensions
- Communicate product specifications and product changes to internal customers and help in communications to external customers. Use the Engineering Release/Notice procedure as the primary tool in accomplishing this task
- Train and educate various internal and external customers on product offerings and product specifications. Internal customers include production, marketing, and sales. External customers include customers, consumers, and regulatory agencies (governmental, legal)
- Responsible for developing product cost and capital expenditure data as required
- Travel as required to customers, manufacturing plants, vendors, and to provide other company representation
- Assist sales representatives or customers in understanding their product requirements, installation methods, and their proper applications. Makes suggestions on available alternatives if possible
- Coordinates testing, both internal and with 3rd party laboratories. Schedule testing, materials, testing standards, timing, and test reports
- Qualifies new product design or design changes and/or improvements by testing according to company, industry, or national standards
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Engineer with minimum 5 years experience working in product development. Experience working within a product development gate process is preferred
- Must be able to use common computer packages, including CAD, spreadsheet, word processing, and capital expenditure programs. The knowledge of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) programs is a plus
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.