MBS is in urgent need of a Purchasing Manager in Walton, KY. This position is a full-time, Direct Hire opportunity.
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for the overall leadership, implementation, coordination, and control of the purchasing department at the company. Manage all aspects of purchasing to efficiently and cost-effectively support organizational operations, while optimizing supplier relationships to ensure maximum value and continuous service flow. Align overall company goals to guarantee strategic consistency through regular communication with senior management. Performs all tasks in a safe manner observing cGMP and quality standards.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes and implements purchasing policies, procedures, and best practices in alignment with company policies.
- Leads supplier selection process, negotiates competitive contracts, and develops effective supplier relationships benefiting short and long-term strategic growth.
- Monitors, measures, and manages the vendor/supplier cost, quality and delivery performances. Regularly evaluates options to reduce total costs.
- Analyzes market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability and develops action plans to mitigate supply-chain complications.
- Generates business analytics reports, including vendor performance matrix, ROI’s, market trends, and cost reduction opportunities.
- Develops and manages projects for new product development sourcing requirements, while supporting the product development team for sourcing needs.
- Oversees the daily activities of the purchasing department, including coaching purchasing associates on long-range plans and establishing annual goals from both a business and professional position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Materials Management, Operations Management, Engineering, or related field. MBA preferred.
- Purchasing Management experience for a medical device and/or pharmaceutical manufacturing organization desired; with a chemical background preferred.
- Must demonstrate broad working knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials with preferred experience in pharmaceutical and/or medical device manufacturing, including chemical blending, liquid filling, and assembly operations.
- Experience with ERP systems required; IQMS preferred.
- CPSM or similar certification a plus.
- Proficient at using MS Excel and Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Communication proficiency; written and verbal.
- Pass background and homeland security check.
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.