Kable Staffing is in urgent need of a Service Technician. This position is a full-time, direct hire opportunity.
Inspect, service, repair, install, and troubleshoot all varieties of equipment supplied to the customer, or in certain circumstances, service equipment provided by other suppliers. Sustain good customer relationships and keep the company vehicle and equipment in good, serviceable condition.
Must satisfy predetermined picking goals for their selection zone while maintaining 98% accuracy. Ability to complete heavy lifting, up to 75 lbs., is critical
Ability to work from different heights, up to 40 feet. Ability to lift items above (up to 8 feet overhead) or below shoulder level. Ability to push, pull, grasp, hold, bend, twist, squat, climb, kneel, crouch, crawl, and/or stoop on a repetitive basis. Ability to utilize hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity. Capable of working with different voltage levels.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate and maintain a DOT regulated vehicle and trailer in a safe manner and in accordance with all traffic laws and regulations
- Work in a safe manner on all sites, following all company and customer safety rules and regulations; use extra care and safety when working with doors that contain cables and springs
- Complete the routine maintenance, service, and installation of mechanical and safety-related equipment
- Be aware and conscious of the work being done and your surroundings and properly use all safety equipment
- Work from different height levels (up to 40 ft.) on scissor lifts, boom lifts, forklift baskets, ladders, etc.
- Troubleshoot levelers/locks/doors
- Make repairs and fix machinery in a timely manner
- Conduct proper usage of electronics, including the cell phone, tablet, etc.
- Maintain and care for all company property, including tools, vehicles, electronics, etc.
- Create a world-class service experience, maintaining good, positive communication with each and every one of our customers
- Conduct safe and proper usage of machinery, including forklifts, telehandlers, scissor lifts, etc.
- Conduct safe and proper usage of tools and equipment, including welders, oxyacetylene torches, grinders, various types of saws, impact, and other various types of drills, etc.
- Complete electrical work, including troubleshooting, making repairs, running routine circuits, wiring up new equipment, working with low voltage and high voltage (up to 460 volts), etc.
- 18 years old
- High School Diploma or GED
- Maintain a valid DOT Physical Certification
- Possess basic electrical knowledge
- Be self-motivated with a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Be able to handle physical workload, be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work from different heights, up to 40 feet
- Ability to push, pull, grasp, hold, bend, twist, squat, climb, kneel, crouch, crawl, and/or stoop on a repetitive basis.
- Work with different voltage levels, equipment, and tools
- Work well in teams and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Possess excellent time management skills and strong attention to detail - this is critical to ensure the safety of the customer and anyone using the equipment
- Maintain flexibility regarding job assignments and other departments
- Maintain good, positive communication with other technicians and tech support
- Pass our pre-employment process, including drug screen and background check, and comply with the annual DOT Drug Screening, with negative results
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Match
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.