MBS is hiring a Shift Supervisor – Utilities for a GREAT customer of ours in Chillicothe, OH. This company has lots of advancement opportunity. The Shift Supervisor-Utilities is responsible for oversight of the Utilities operations and supervision of the department hourly operators.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safety leadership and compliance for employees.
- Environmental compliance.
- Provide direct supervision of hourly employees assigned to the rotating shifts.
- Train and provide guidance to Department employees.
- Initiate and enforce all Company systems, policies, and procedures.
- Hold self, team members, and all in the facility accountable for their duties, behaviors, and actions.
- Coordinate operations and maintenance activities, as well as daily communication with other shift supervisors and managers throughout the facility.
- Equipment responsibilities include supervising the operations of the following units: kiln, recast, power boilers (gas and wood), recovery boiler, turbines, and incinerator.
- One to three (1-3) years’ experience in a pulp/utilities environment, paper mill, or comparable industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related discipline; OR equivalent operational experience is required.
- Strong computer skills.
- Exhibit strong people skills being able to handle confrontational situations.
- Demonstrate problem identification and solution implementation.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks and organize a group of people to accomplish those tasks.
- Have integrity, be self-motivated and driven.
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.