MBS is in urgent need of a Structural Engineer in Middletown, OH. This position is a full-time, direct hire opportunity.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Calculates loading and sizes steel members for the design and fabrication of support and access structures.
- Design concrete foundations for equipment, structures, walls, etc
- Designs construction projects by studying project concept, architectural drawings, and models.
- Prepares engineering design by collecting and studying reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs and tests on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and related topographical and geologic data.
- Determines project costs by calculating labor, material, and related costs.
- Prepares engineering documents by developing construction specifications, plans, and schedules.
- Confirms adherence to construction specifications and safety standards by monitoring project progress; inspecting construction site; verifying calculations and placements.
- Fulfills project requirements by training and guiding operators.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains project data base by writing computer programs; entering data; completing backups.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Degree in Civil engineering with structural design experience (such as allowable stress design in steel, concrete, and foundation design)
- Ohio PE License required (or capability to obtain OH license)
- AutoCAD experience required
- Construction management experience preferred
- Sand and Gravel/Stone quarry experience preferred
- Understanding of Belt Conveyor design preferred
- Ability to occasionally travel overnight
- Ability to field measure equipment, structures, and concrete
- Ability to work remote part time
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Long Term Care, LTD, STD, AD&D, Life
- Numerous buy up policies
- 401k, discretionary profit sharing, 3% company safe harbor
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.