MBS is hiring Superintendent for a GREAT customer of ours in Chillicothe, OH. This company has lots of advancement opportunity.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate safely leadership through exhibiting core principals
- Ensure the constant practice of established standards of safety and housekeeping in all areas
- Direct the economical and effective manufacturing of Paper Machine 12 operations:
- Quality, service and operating objectives for subordinate departments, assuring implementation of effective plans to meet established goals
- Direct the continuing production of quality papers, assuring implementations of effective plans to meet established goals
- Review and analyze all operating results, including quality, efficiencies, and costs, determining appropriate actions to maintain favorable and correct unfavorable trends
- Develop and maintain an effective subordinate organization through supervision, training, and development. Participants in labor relations activities, as required
- Provide technical direction and expertise to develop equipment, materials, maintenance, and operating procedures for effective operations
- Develops, recommends, and implements budgets, long-range plans, capital expenditures, and other managerial programs to support Chillicothe Division operations
- Provides timely feedback of relevant information to management and makes valid recommendations for improvements to operating and management effectiveness
- Maintains good relationships coordinates closely with marketing, technical and other operating management
- Manage subordinates including performance appraisals, professional development, coaching and mentoring
- Handle of labor relation issues including grievances and disciplinary actions
- Maintain good relationships and coordinate closely with Maintenance, Technical, IPS, Sales & Marketing, and other departments
- Require to be on call and support operations after hours as needed
- BS in Pulp & Paper, Engineering, or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years’ experience in paper machine supervision
- Proven ability to manage strategic plans and capital investments
- Proven track record of solid machine operations in meeting productions and financial targets
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.