MBS is in urgent need of a Transportation Structural Design Engineer in Munnsville, NY. This position is a full-time, direct hire opportunity.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the group on a variety of different bridge designs. Including steel beam, prestressed concrete beam, concrete slab, pedestrian bridges, culverts, retaining walls, grade separations, stream crossings, bridge rehabilitations, railroad bridges, and design-build pursuits, etc.
- Manage small bridge projects and help coordinate tasks
- Work as a structure/bridge designer on design projects in other state markets
- Mentor junior structure/bridge engineers and perform quality control for structure plan sets
- Write technical memorandums, specifications, feasibility studies, evaluations, and reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (structural emphasis) required
- 5 to 10 years of bridge/culvert design experience
- NCDOT bridge design experience is required
- Relationships with NCDOT, NC municipalities and other DOTs
- Microsoft Office knowledge
- Hard working, organized, technically sound and works well in a group environment
- Design build and design-bid-build experience is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Thorough understanding of NCDOT guidelines, procedures, and plan preparation
- Ability to execute quality control procedures for structure design plans
- Thorough knowledge of AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications and Manual for Bridge Evaluation
- Ability to work with multi-disciplined and communicate with engineers from other disciplines
- Previous experience with Bentley Microstation, Conspan, and other structural analysis software packages
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.