Kable Staffing is in urgent need of Welders in Florence, KY. This position is a full-time, temp-hire opportunity, with openings on 2nd shift.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively attains a safe and healthy work environment for all employees.
- Read and interpret blueprints, welding prints and other drawings.
- Select parts from laser cutting/press brake operation to weld and align parts according to specifications.
- Weld parts to specific tolerances.
- Modify or redesign existing parts if necessary.
- Sand, grind, buff, taper and or tap fabricated parts to drawing specifications.
- Design and build fixtures jigs to use in welding and assembly operations.
- Must be able to set up and run MIG welding machines.
- Operate overhead crane and uses various hand tools including saws, shears, drills, and grinders.
- Mig welding experience
- Familiar with metric system
- Blueprint reading experience.
- Autobody sanding experience is a plus.
- Must be knowledgeable of weld shrinkage factors and various welding techniques.
- Must successfully pass entry-level test administered by Mazak.
- Prepare fabricated parts for painting.
- Visually inspect each part that is ready for paint.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic mathematical functions.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Vocational school is preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Moderate physical effort in required to move containers if necessary.
- Ability to walk, stand and carry materials, stoop, kneel, and bend at waist.
- Ability to operate in repetitive motions if necessary.
- Inside conditions
- Climate controlled building
- Exposed to some processing oils and weld sparks.
WHY KABLE STAFFING?
- Weekly Pay
- Exclusive Access Opportunities to V.I.P. Vault
- Day 1 Benefits
- Various Bonus Opportunities
- Eligibility for Employee of the Month Rewards
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.